Monday, January 31, 2011

Me + Bok Choy = LoVe

ok so I have to admit, up until yesterday I had no idea what this even was.

Passed this by soooooooooooooo many times at the supermarket, not even giving it a second glance.
Well, low and behold I had a recipe that called for it. I was like.. OMG what can I put in its place, I dont wanna eat that.. GROSS!!

With great hesitation and serious doubts I bought some....I mean GREAT hesitation!! lol

So the stare down began...

ok so I had to start cooking, the tummy was speaking to me.... :)

So I had to go on the internet to see how cut this green monster up....

Well, basically I chopped it like a head cabbage, taking off the bottom.

I dived into the recipe and got to cookin... ok so... everything is smellin mmm mmmm good!!

I added the red wine vinegar and the oyster sauce mixture and poof it was pretty much done.



ok people... let me just say...never judge a book by its cover, never judge a vege by its name etc etc etc blah blah blah... This was one of the most amazing meals I have had in a long time!!! So much flavor and a bit of spice from the red pepper flakes.. oh yeah baby!!

and guess what .. this is from the Eat Clean Recipes.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Having leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I will posting the recipe under the tab up top that says.. On My Plate!! Enjoy!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmm...looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Bok Choy! This looks great! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good! I like it as long as it is flavoured with something and I am a real stickler for how veg is cooked. I can't stand wet veg. It has to be just done or even slightly underdone so its not just a big sac of water. I often do it with my cous cous. I just cut some of the stalk off and then cut it into wedges, about 8ths (cut it in half, then again and again) so the middle holds it together like a fan. Oven cooked ith Flavoured olive oils or a mixture of oil and balsamic vinegar it really is lovely.

    ReplyDelete